The Waterlase MD™ is a revolutionary dental device that uses a combination of laser energy and water, (a process called HydroPhotonics™) to perform many traditional dental procedures with less anesthetic.
What does the patient typically experience with Waterlase MD™?
Waterlase MD™ reduces patient anxiety, minimizes pain and trauma, and creates a more comfortable experience for patients.
Benefits of Waterlase MD™
There are numerous benefits of Waterlase MD™ that can transform a patient’s dental experience dramatically.
- Many procedures performed with the Waterlase MD™ do not require shots or anesthetic, eliminating a major source of patient anxiety and creating a more relaxing experience.
- Patients typically experience less bleeding, swelling, post-op discomfort and require less pain medication.
- Procedures that once took several appointments to complete, such as restorations in multiple quadrants, can now be finished in just one visit.
- A better bonding surface for restorations is created.
- Children’s procedures such as cavity preparations, caries removal, lingual frenectomies (due to speech barriers), and maxillary frenectomies require little or no injection anesthetic.
How does Waterlase MD™ help dentists increase precision and conserve tooth structure?
- The precision and accuracy of the Waterlase MD™ allows dentists to treat targeted areas of tooth structure and soft tissue, while maintaining the structural integrity of the tooth and leaving surrounding areas unaffected.
- Studies have shown that the Waterlase MD™ is less invasive and less traumatic than the drill, scalpel or electrosurge. Less invasive means more conservation of tooth structure and tissue.
Click here to visit Waterlase MD website.